What's are some active fishes I can get please

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as my topic says I'm looking to get some fishes that has personality and likes to be out and about, not hiding under rocks. I have a 55 gallon tank with a domino damsel, green chromis and a black ribbon eel :).

No tangs for me for now tho. Just had a yellow tang for a short time who recently passed. I was in bt. Upgrading my tank and assuming it was from stress or my new tank may had been going through a mini cycle. Dnt get me wrong I love tangs but it seems like they are prone to ich or just getting sick easily from what I've been reading and I guess I'm just afraid right now.

So any other fun energetic fishes anyone can suggest for my tank please?

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With damsels you have you will probably have to stay with aggressive fish. Blue reef chromis are nice. Maybe different colored damsels.

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a clown? I like the gold striped maroons:) You could also try a flame angel or coral beauty?

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really mike007 my dominos doesn't seem aggressive at all lol ... But maybe Thts just now idk he seems to get along with the chromis thus far and I also had a tang in there for a short time which he didn't bother niether but we will see for the next fish I guess.

Thanks for all the input so far guys. I'm going to look all those fishes up now to see what they look like :)

Chef.ryan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blenny! Very active, very curious, and very entertaining!
image.jpg

dailydriven911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep most of the wrasses are very active. Also maybe a Pygmy Angel if you want to risk nipping of corals. ;)

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want shrimp, go with a cleaner skunk shrimp or a sexy shrimp. I have both and love them, always come out for pellets and the skunks clean your fish!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back