next fish advice

jish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon reef with a GBTA that just split, an occelaris clown, (excuse my spelling) a mushroom, a bi-color torch, and some polyps. i'm looking for a fish that will do well in a 30 gal, but still swim a lot, like a tang. please, any advice is appreciated. thanks in advance.:smile:

OP
OP
jish

jish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chromis fish need to be in schools, and cardinals are very slow moving fish. But thank you for your opinion valuke.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis do not need to be in schools. In fact, they are harder to keep in schools because they bully up on each other usually.

I'd go with a chromis or that gold assessor. Def not a tang in a 30g

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blenny? I had a valentini puffer in my 29 biocube, and she was happy and full of personality!

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?? My valentini never even looked at the 2 bubble tips in my 29, or even the new 110. She never never touched any coral or invert, aside from eyeballing a huge mexican turbo and then choosing better lol. Maybe it's because I got a female, and males can be more aggressive?

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be worth the time, if I could I would have a tank of just toby puffers. By far one of my favorites, always coming to greet me and eats out of my hand :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back