Blue throat trigger pair question

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if having a pair would cause them to be more aggressive then say just having a male in the tank. I plan to get a male but if i could get a pair without too much risk of them getting to aggressive with other tank mates i might go for that. Thank you.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair, have never seen them in an "aggressive" state, did add them at the tail end of my additions to the tank as to try and avoid territorial issues.
you can see both of them in this video I have: [video]https://youtu.be/_MFB_XKXxvc[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank man. And good looking fish. Thanks for the info. Just want to get a rounded opinion but it seems these guys are the least aggressive of the triggers.

JReefaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair. I added the female first and then added the male a couple weeks later once the Lfs got the male in and they're not very aggressive at all. They were the last fish I have added but seem to be pretty easy going. The only aggression I've ever seen was when my powder brown was trying to bully them at first, but as soon as the triggers snapped back he quit bullying and they've been happy ever since. I have them in a 180 mixed reef with a couple tangs and an orange spotted rabbitfish along with a few others

Last edited by a moderator:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 10.0%

Back