Next Fish??

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently trying to decide on my next fish perhaps hearing experience from you guys might help. I currently have a 75gal tank 48x21x18 with 50ibs of live rock and about a 1'' sand bed. Went to my LFS today and stuck between a firefish or a watch man. any thoughts?

P.S. I currently have 2 clowns, and a 6 line wrasse.

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a firefish. Very peaceful fish. Full of color and lots of personality. Fun to watch! He is out during the day and at night, he hides under a rock to rest. My firefish is one of my favorites. Yellowtail blue damsel is great too!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add a firefish to a sixline. Sixlines can be aggressive and firefish are pretty passive.

OP
OP
jman9331

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a firefish. Very peaceful fish. Full of color and lots of personality. Fun to watch! He is out during the day and at night, he hides under a rock to rest. My firefish is one of my favorites. Yellowtail blue damsel is great too!
do you have any problems with your firefish jumping out of the tank? also is your damsel aggressive?

vuqchu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can then get both. They both seem like they won't spike up your load that much given the tank size. Hopefully your sixline won't give the firefish a hard time but I've had both in the same tank before and it was fine. The sixline only turned into devil fish after I added another wrasse. Took 4 days to trap it. Never again :)

OP
OP
jman9331

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can then get both. They both seem like they won't spike up your load that much given the tank size. Hopefully your sixline won't give the firefish a hard time but I've had both in the same tank before and it was fine. The sixline only turned into devil fish after I added another wrasse. Took 4 days to trap it. Never again :)
my wrasse is pretty chill, after he swims around the rocks he goes and hangs out with my clowns. I'm not really sure the max level of fish I can have. I plan on getting coral down the line.

Reefcrazed417

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A six line will usually be "chill" until you add another wrasse. I like the Springers damsels in the case you ever get planaria...they will eat all of them

Back