Stocking/Fathead Anthias ???

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my LFS recently got a Fathead anthias in and ive been looking to get one for awhile now. I know they are finicky eaters and if i purchase the fish it will be going into a qt for a month or until im sure that its eating well. My question is would it be wise to add another fish to my setup or just skip it? My current tank is a 75 gallon DT with about an extra 20 to 25 gallons in the sump, tank has been running for 3 months but it is an upgrade from 55 gallon i had running for 5 yrs. I dose prodibio, do weekly 10% wc, use a CAD Lights PLS-100 GEN 3 skimmer, and have 2 non dimmable 120 w led taotronics for lights. My current stock is 1 clarkii clown, 1 six line wrasse, 1 two spot bristletooth tang, 2 yellow watchman gobies and pistol shrimp, 1 scooter blenny, tons of sps corals and some lps. All fish besides the scooter I have had for over 18 months. Again the im wondering it would be wise to add another fish (Fathead Anthias) to my setup

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only concern I would have is with the sixline wrasse. Once they are established in a tank they can be downright nasty to new fish, especially fish that spend a lot of time in the rockwork as sunburst anthias do. Other than that, sunburst anthias are a wonderful addition to almost any tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back