blonde naso

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Restocking after we lost most of our fish during the tornadoes, i'm thinking of getting a small blonde naso for our 75 gallon. Pros, cons? We had yellow tangs before with no problems but never had a naso.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso tangs prefer to have a larger swimming area than yellow tangs. I wouldn't suggest putting on in anything less than a 6 foot tank. You may be able to get away with it for a short period, but they can reach sizes in excess of a foot and will quickly outgrow your 75. (sorry to play tang police)

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be against it, it just seems they never do to well in anything under 6' in length but I suppose if it was a small specimen under 3-4" you could get away with it for a while if you were planing a upgrade in the near future

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could keep a 2"-3" naso for 6-8 months before you need to move it or upgrade because it will be close to 5+".

OP
OP
aslmx

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any suggestions on what I could get close to the naso. Really not planning to upgrade.

Lenny

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.... I see here that several folks mention that a 6 foot tank is big enough, is this true? I was told by my LFS that my 220 gal 6 foot tank isn't big enough. Any thoughts?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.... I see here that several folks mention that a 6 foot tank is big enough, is this true? I was told by my LFS that my 220 gal 6 foot tank isn't big enough. Any thoughts?

In the long run, a naso will outgrow a 220 as well, but it would be ok for a while if you buy a smaller specimen. They are fast growers and will outgrow most home aqauaria when kept long term.

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of luck have you had getting them to eat right away?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back