Foxface worms

jordanphulet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a foxface in my tank and it has started to eat my zoanthids. He voraciously eats anything I put on the veggie clip. When that runs out he goes for the coral, and sometimes before. I have noticed what might be a worm hanging out of him. He doesn't have stringy poop, but I'll occasionally see 1 long string like this. Could worms be increasing his appetite? Any chance that deworming would quell his appetite for corals?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about zero experience with foxface but IMO most fish (with the exception of those that refuse to eat) will keep eating as long as there is food available. So if it has sweet tooth for your corals, I think your sol.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the "worm" hanging out of his anus? White = intestinal parasites; brown = intestinal irritation (no medication needed).

If you meant to attach a pic with your thread, I'm not seeing it.

IME; zoanthids are like "fish candy". Many "reef safe" fish will pick at those. As Triggreef said, once it starts it doesn't usually stop.

OP
OP
J

jordanphulet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its more of a brown color, I'll try and take a picture next time. I've been feeding him a whole sheet of sea veggies each day, is that a lot for this fish? I'm pretty sure he would eat even more.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been feeding him a whole sheet of sea veggies each day, is that a lot for this fish? I'm pretty sure he would eat even more.

If he's in a reef, I would cut it back to half a sheet. Reason being is you'll get excessive detritus, which leads to nutrients/nitrates in your tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back