Hlle???

JTurman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. I noticed this today on my flame angle. thinking maybe Head and LateralLine Erosion. wanted to get some second opinions. any of you have had an experiences with HLLE?

Attachments

• DSC_0223.jpg
    DSC_0223.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC_0224.jpg
    DSC_0224.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 396

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is Hexamita (Hole in the Head Disease) with a possible secondary bacterial infection to boot. Your best bet is to QT and treat with the following mix of meds: Furan-2, Kanaplex, Metroplex.

OP
OP
JTurman

JTurman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had him for 4 months with out any issues. how do they catch this disease? is it contagious? A long time ago i had a yellow tang which had the HiHD i was told that it was caused by stray voltage thought on that?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had him for 4 months with out any issues. how do they catch this disease? is it contagious? A long time ago i had a yellow tang which had the HiHD i was told that it was caused by stray voltage thought on that?

Hexamita is a worm. Fish can have it for awhile before showing symptoms. Some don't even succumb. Transmission is possible by eating feces of the infected.

Below are my thoughts on HLLE:

Head & Lateral Line Erosion "HLLE":

Symptoms - HLLE literally looks as though the skin is rotting or peeling off the fish. Affected areas usually include the face and lateral line, and may be white in color.

Treatment options - This is more of a condition than an actual disease. Since no one can agree on the exact cause, all you can do is address all of the following theories regarding HLLE:

1) Stray voltage - Use a titanium ground probe & test your tank for stray voltage.
2) Running carbon - Don’t use it, or use only premium grade carbon.
3) Nutritional deficiency - Feed high quality nutritional foods. Some have had success reversing the effects of HLLE by soaking food in “fish vitamins” and also feeding nori.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like rock dings to me. If they go away in 2 weeks, its just from him bumpin on the rocks. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back