Need some help on Tube Anemone

DesertBubbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to make a deeper sand bed for my tube anemone today and he sucked into the tube so moved it a little and covered it well. Finished my water change and went to put light back on top and noticed that the anemone was outside behind the tube. I started researching and called several people and no one really knows what to do and all the articles I researched tell you what to do if tube is missing, However, I have the tube still. So does anyone know what to do or had this situation. I wasn't sure at first he would survive, but he is standing tall in the sand and the tube is standing tall and empty. Thanks much for your advice.
It has been several hours and I have not removed the tube from tank. He is right behind it and seems to be reaching for it. I was told think of the tube as an old sock and throw it away he will grow a new one. I just want to make sure before I pull it out of tank. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20140423_192924.jpg
    20140423_192924.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 186

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tube Anenomes will occasionally build new tubes so I would not be overly concerned(quoting a lfs clerk)..If it was mine I would leave the tube there as well.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just leave him alone and try and keep things as un-stressfull as possible. I believe he most likely will make a new tube but I would leave the old one in for now incase he gets homesick.

OP
OP
D

DesertBubbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I went to pull the tube out and he is actally now coming out the opposite end. So what do I do with the big empty part of the tube? Do I bury it or leave it stick out of water like it is? Thank you again

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just leave it alone and observe it. It will figure something out :) it looks healthy to me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back