Coral Banded Shrimp Yes/No

Nitr8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these guys about 3 months ago and since I've added it I've lost both my cleaner shrimp, all three peppermints and the blood shrimp has very small antennas now. The CBS looks great, probably 10" antennas. One small clown has a ripped tail fin and one of my anthias has a lot of fin damage. Another culprit may be a 4-line wrasse added at about the same time. What is your experience with these shrimp?

iretthepirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool colors but not worth having eat small crustaceans and fish. Mine would pinch my puffer fish all the time and ate all my hermits got rid of it

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mated pair and they do not bother anyone. The only time I had any issue was when I added a small pair of skunk cleaner shrimp. One of the cleaners ran right into their cave and became dinner. The other is now nearly as big as the CBS and fine. I have a peppermint shrimp as well that has not been an issue. Numerous fish swim around them all day/night with no issues.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a couple of these guys in my reef tanks over the years and have never had a problem. Although I have heard some stories but never experienced anything like what I hear first hand.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back