Baby shrimp

Rackoking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was looking at my tank last night I noticed lots of tiny little shrimp only about 2 mm in length how would I go about caring for them not sure what time but I have cleaner shrimp blood shrimp Peppermint shrimp and A boxing shrimp any help would be great

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see after lights out scurrying about the substrate and have glowing eyes I'll second guess Gabriel above and say they are probably Mysid Shrimp. Though have had both Scarlet Cleaner and Peppermint Shrimp spawn in my tanks many times over the years but only a few to ever make it beyond a handful of days. Tasty treats for many fish.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
R

Rackoking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gabriel I did think that at first so I googled images of them but not the same my guys had the same shape as shrimp with the back sections (tail) moving just like shrimp looked again last night and only saw a few unlike night before so think my fish have already started to eat them I don't have any thing set up that I could put them in if I had seen an egg sack I would have setup a another tank but gives me confidence that my tank is do well

Back