any advance in fighting aiptasia on the last 5 years?

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
old trouble with the same old solutions. Can't find anything new on how to fight this pest. Do you know something new?

thedasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only things I know of are
File fish
Copperband butterfly
Peppermint shrimp
Salt directly on the anemone (or was this for majanos? )

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser tech!!! Blind those fools to death homie. go to youtube and search aptasia laser kill!! beware this can also blind your coral friends so aim well

Fudge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried the lemon juice injection , have to wait and see what happens. After injecting a few good size ones, my green brittle star rushed over and looked like he was tearing them from the rock. Is this ok, anyone ever seen or heard of this?

Fudge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried the lemon juice injection , have to wait and see what happens.  After injecting a few good size ones, my green brittle star rushed over and looked like he was tearing them from the rock. Is this ok, anyone ever seen or heard of this?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laser tech!!! Blind those fools to death homie. go to youtube and search aptasia laser kill!! beware this can also blind your coral friends so aim well
This is the newest and easiest way to kill aiptasia, but it comes with a high cost to you, the correct lasers cost a bloody fortune.

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp do wonders for me. i only have two in my 57 gallon and went from full aptasia to zero!

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea but who wants to battle aptasia everyday??? The laser will only help for the ones you see so there for you will never get rid of all of them. my .02 its a waste of money

OP
OP
Acanholic

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnadict that NaOH system is awesome. I had 6 of those *******s. All of them are gone now leaving no trace as well as an actinodiscus problem. Thanks a lot. It works like a charm. I was careful. No collateral damage.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most effrective method is Berghia nudibranchs they are the natural preditors of aptasia
[video=youtube_share;2VDhykIiQpg]http://youtu.be/2VDhykIiQpg[/video]

Jeffanator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done syringe and vinegar worked well for me ! But now I just have a spot on reef and they won't grow in a clean reef , I've tried to put em in and they just won't stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia Nudies have worked for me in the past but the last couple of times I have tried they didnt seem to do the job or one of my fish was eating them. I ended up turning to aptisa X and it worked fast.. I still have a couple pop out every now and then but always have the stuff on hand to keep them under control. Best move I did. Those lasers make me nervous. Im scared i might either burn a coral or fish. As well as do something to the integrity of the tank glass itself.. Its also expensive..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back