Sebea anemone

tjh9100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1409694661067.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409694676600.jpg

Hi all I just added this sebea anemone to my tank today any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is where it took footing after about a hour of moving around does it look ok and is there anything I should do to help make it feel at home and help it's chances of survival. I know it's bad but I didn't do the research I normally do before this purchase.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to leave it be as a first piece of advice. Hopefully, it will stay where you have it but it may move - it will settle in a spot where it likes sometimes not where you would like :) I would let it settle in and pick a spot and then after a couple of weeks or so, try to feed it a small shrimp or something else similar. I think an anemone can benefit from feedings about once a week to every two weeks.....

OP
OP
T

tjh9100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good it is quite spread out in size and area but I noticed the mouth is not open which from the little reading I have done so far says is a good thing. I don't know about the spread out part. My lighting I am experimenting with leds and there hasn't been much one sided reviews on them so I am hoping it is sufficient lighting for it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back