harlequin shrimp

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've asked my LFS to order one (or hopefully a pair) for me. How often should I feed them a starfish? for those keeping them, what type of starfish?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is busy eating the asterinas in my tank, but my understanding is that chocolate chip stars (which are usually banished to the sump between feedings) are good sources of food. I think most people feed a leg every week or two, but someone with more experience can confirm or deny.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is busy eating the asterinas in my tank, but my understanding is that chocolate chip stars (which are usually banished to the sump between feedings) are good sources of food. I think most people feed a leg every week or two, but someone with more experience can confirm or deny.

Mine is doing the same and I've heard the exact same thing about the chocolate chip stars.....

airin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a pair in a 180 and they have long since gone through the asterinas. I throw in a choc chip every 2 - 3 weeks. It takes them a while to eat a whole one if its bigger. When they are hungry they come out a lot more, so you will learn. I have fed them brittles and sand sifters too without any issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back