This was this afternoon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412201236.987285.jpg

Is his normal when introducing to tank

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a healthy looking anemone. I usually see them balled up when they're introduced into a new tank and not stretched out like yours. How long has your tank been up? How did you acclimate it? How big is your tank?

OP
OP
mwbeach

mwbeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks been up for 5-6 mths. Water parameters are perfect. I acclimated it for an hour or so and slowly added my tank water while it was floating for temp adjustment. Tank is a 30 gallon

thatfishnerd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not big on nems but I can never really find any solid requirements for them, some say they don't need much light some say light is the main feeding method, I had a rbta for a 3-5 months last year and it did pretty great until one day it was just dead. I love nems but since I have no success with them and it seems to be a hit or miss, I try to stay away from them, Good luck!!
~thatfishnerd

OP
OP
mwbeach

mwbeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It moved Lower in the tank. I put some food mixed in water and squirted it around him. He moved and closed up as if he was eating. Hoping it recovers

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not feed it! Give it time to recover. What kind of lighting do you have? When you say your param's are perfect what exactly are they? There are an infinite number of things that could be causing this. How is the rest of the tank doing? What else are you housing?

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not feed it! Give it time to recover. What kind of lighting do you have? When you say your param's are perfect what exactly are they? There are an infinite number of things that could be causing this. How is the rest of the tank doing? What else are you housing?

+1.

How is the nem doing?

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it healthy no. But as ive stated before through my own Experience they can very. Temperamental and its best to leave them to do their own thing

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing u can do now is learn why it died before adding another. Did you acclimate it properly before adding it to the tank were all your params fine. Just find out and research what u can do to make sure it doesnt happen. Again. And sorry for your loss

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harsh lesson fortunately my lfs guy is really awesome snd if he knows somethings unhealthy hell reduce the price in half ive been lucky enough ive rescued any ones i have brought

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If something isnt healthy I would advise against adding it even if it is free. If your lfs guy was really awesome he wouldnt offer to sell you anything not healthy.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back