Striped porcelain crab

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen one before? I've only ever seen the white and brown ones, this one is purple and white striped. Sorry for the bad picture. I've been eyeing this guy for about two weeks and finally pulled the trigger on him today, he now lives in our lamp tank.

1020141702_zps433a4345.jpg

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen one before? I've only ever seen the white and brown ones, this one is purple and white striped. Sorry for the bad picture. I've been eyeing this guy for about two weeks and finally pulled the trigger on him today, he now lives in our lamp tank.

1020141702_zps433a4345.jpg

Very Cool I think I saw some a few years ago but I do not remember what they are called.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one like that some 3yrs ago. Very cool lil critter. Always thought it strange because it didn't look like the average Porcelain Crab. This is the first time I've seen one like it since :) I gotta dig deep but I'll post a pic of mine up later today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this kind need an anemone of some sort? I was thinking about getting a rock nem or two for him. I am so suprised that nobody grabbed him before me.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly these don't host anemones. They are a hide in cracks and crevices kind of crab. Still cool though.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what these are actually called so I can see if my LFS can get one?

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are porcelain crabs from the Caribbean area, live rock from Florida comes with them all the time.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are porcelain crabs from the Caribbean area, live rock from Florida comes with them all the time.

But they must have a name?

When most people think of Porcelain Crab they think of the more common White Ones.

The one in the Picture is not White.

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are normal i have had a few.i always get rid of them when they get big cause they pinch at fish.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back