Bristleworms

Reef_Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, how many Bristleworms are too many in a tank? I have a 10 gallon nano and last night, after the light went out and the blue light came on, after like 15 minutes , I looked inside and saw Bristleworms everywhere. There had to be like 20 of them, anywhere from 1/2" to 3"+. I've seen Bristles in there before, but never this many all coming out at once. I know that they are a good part of the CUC, but should I disspose of some of them at least?

What do you think?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your feeding to much, to often. Whenever you see an abundance of BW's it is a direct result of them getting plenty to eat. Cut down on amount your feeding (wasting) and only the strong will survive.

OP
OP
Reef_Obsessed

Reef_Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your feeding to much, to often. Whenever you see an abundance of BW's it is a direct result of them getting plenty to eat. Cut down on amount your feeding (wasting) and only the strong will survive.

Thanks for your reply! At this point, I only feed twice a day. Only pellets at 1 pm and frozen (mysis, BS, or plankton) around 9 pm. Some days, I put in some phytoplankton for the coral. Do you still think that is too much?

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
way too much. I feed every other day and I have anthias in there and they are fine.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bristleworm population will dwindle down with less nutrients. But, they clean up the mess, I'd not worry about them.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back