Is my cucumber too big

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Tiger Tail (Holothuria sp.) . It never split, and i'm wondering why? Does anybody have a reason why they do or if it can be triggered, lol. At 22" long, and 1" wide.

Still growing at 14" on this one

040.jpg

And growing this was months ago

050.jpg

Now one early morning i was able to measure him when he was totally outside the rockwork at 22" in lenght I'm concerned.

Not normaly toxic for a tank, they're usually smaller . Now if this one where to die , then what....He's in a 150G tank, and the sooner he split the better , i'll give away the second part lol. He's very good cleaner, i'm just not sure if its normal to be that big. Anybody have one like that.

minions_gif_2_by_wonderfuday-d4upkrw.gif

I write big for my iphone friends

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is roughly around the same length in a 90. Crazy to see sometimes. Believe he split around 2years ago and hasn't since

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is roughly around the same length in a 90. Crazy to see sometimes. Believe he split around 2years ago and hasn't since

Do you if it takes some kind of condition to make it split? That's what i'm after, i really would like hime to split, because even when he does he'll still be like a foot long......

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont? Mine was kept in the sump in my fuge to clean the SB when he split. Now hes in the display. Got it from a friend a few years back that had his split like 4 or 5 times in his tank. They were everywhere

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope is here

Well it may be happening now, i haven't seen him in 4 days now, and from my book, cukes can hide for a month while splitting the bigger they are the longer it takes for them to reform a mouth or an ........ss and be able to function. One of the reason they need that extra food for the journey....

If you call splitting yourself a journey.... but anyway. So no sight of hime yet! In the off chance that he's dead i've put an extra bag of carbon in the sump, and be praying for split ends lol.

giphy%205.gif

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
can't believe i was the first to say it.

I didn't even know cuc's split!
I have a few.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back