Sponges

Eric N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the sponge. I keep happy acros on low nutrients and I have pink, yellow, green, black, and blue sponge growth growing everywhere it's dark enough and I actually have translplanted it to locations where different rocks are touching and it's holding my live rock together like glue. I made a cave structure just so I could see all the sponges lining the rock in one place. The ones that people actually pay for are generally much more difficult.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the sponge. I keep happy acros on low nutrients and I have pink, yellow, green, black, and blue sponge growth growing everywhere it's dark enough and I actually have translplanted it to locations where different rocks are touching and it's holding my live rock together like glue. I made a cave structure just so I could see all the sponges lining the rock in one place. The ones that people actually pay for are generally much more difficult.

PICS!!! :D

+1 about the low light. I think that's what really kills them off quick in most people's tanks.
The mostly seem to like low light and moderate flow to feed off stuff in the water column.
It's not always easy to meet those two demands at the same time.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back