Jellyfish ID?

mikienhecker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time i turned the lights off, there were three swimming around the flashlight. Now there are ten or twenty. Just curious if i need to take them out or not. They move like jellyfish and look a lot like them. Very small and looks like 7 tentacles and a tall dome, also they stick to the glass. Will try to get a pick of it soon. Thanks guys you havnt let me down yet. :)

Attachments

• 1425014245484.jpg
    1425014245484.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 433

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be there are a few that look like that and have quite a bad sting I'd take out for sure can be harmful to corals and anything else in the tank they would eventually die off from lack of food source but could do damage from now to them so get them out

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a hydroid. everyone in the saltwater business gets them from time to time.. they will die off on their own over time. keep the water clean and they will go away after a few days

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't remove I would try to isolate. Might just be me but a unique critter like this I would try to save if it truly is a jellyfish.

OP
OP
M

mikienhecker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i like the idea of keeping them. They have been in there over a month. And it would be easy to catch them later so i might keep them. Still wish i knew what they were though. Thanks again.

Back