FIGHT!! Conch VS nasasaris snails...

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I recently had a sand bed full of crap and had to wonder which snail would be better at reducing detrius. Conch or nassaris snails.

My bed is about 3" deep and is about 2sq feet exposed. 75 gal with rocks.

I'm leaning towards the conch and thinkning 2 would be suficent for my system. has anyone had these and do they do well without feeding them.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple conchs before and they didn't do much for detritus. I only noticed them grazing on algae. The nasarrius will do a better job, you just won't see them as much as the conch. If you have frags on your sand bed the conch can be a bit of a bulldozer and move things around. My .02

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiger sand conch. Hands down. The best cleaner ever. In my opinion. Nassarius will eat large waste. Don't think they are much o. Detris

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got 3 tiger conch. i havent seen 1 move in a few days.
the other 2 are back and forth but by no way cover the entire tank. (6 foot 150 gal)
I just ordered 100 Nassarius to see if they will work better.
I definitely see the conch eating a bunch of un eaten food that falls but they do not do enough.

diablomaster9045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 100 nassarius and 4 tiger sand conches in my 104g seahorse tank. My conches like algae more and the nassarius are better for cleaning up excess food waste and fish poo.

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll go with a couple conchs and replace my dead nasasarius. I mean what the heck, it's just snails right?!?!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back