1   0   0
Beauty!

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of my scoly as my first coral and TBH, they are kinda boring after a while cuz they don't get bigger, they don't grow new heads, they just open up show some tenticles, close up and turn into a ball when you feed them so fauna pellets, thats it. I guess thats why I am growing into sps more and more, the shape they take when they grow is amazing and suprising.

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of my scoly as my first coral and TBH, they are kinda boring after a while cuz they don't get bigger, they don't grow new heads, they just open up show some tenticles, close up and turn into a ball when you feed them so fauna pellets, thats it. I guess thats why I am growing into sps more and more, the shape they take when they grow is amazing and suprising.

I have SPS growing like crazy and LPS doing well. As for Scoly's, they do grow bigger and can eventually split.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for them to grow, do you have to attach them to a bigger base rock? mine stay the same size maybe due to theres nothing to grow on cuz I leave them on the sandbed?

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for them to grow, do you have to attach them to a bigger base rock? mine stay the same size maybe due to theres nothing to grow on cuz I leave them on the sandbed?

I also have them on the sand as they do better on there. I have seen tiny Scolymia's and then I have seen huge one's. Of course it depends on lighting, parameters, and feeding.

You can put it on a rock but I prefer them in the sand :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back