Dipped my hammer

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I dipped my hammer in coral rx because it is receding. It's pretty passed off now, and white puffy stuff is coming from the "healthy" end. What is the white stuff? Do you see anything in the dip that would cause the recession? Thanks for the help!
6aguma5e.jpg

ny4apy5a.jpg

dera7ynu.jpg

I see long skinny white worms and an asterina starfish.

brentsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id pull out any of those starfish you find. I blame those for the death of my old frogspawn. Similar story as your hammer, it started to recede I dipped it and found some of those starfish on its skeleton. I hope your doesnt end up the same as mine. About the worm, Im not sure what type that is, sorry. Good luck

OP
OP
Texas Reefer

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the part that had the white stuff coming out of it is now back out and fluffy, but the back part near the receded area is still retracted. It just so frustrating not to just be able to stick whatever I want into the tank and it be happy and healthy, lol! And trying to figure out what is passing it off, grrrr.

OP
OP
Texas Reefer

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worms were seriously skinny and just white, I didn't match them to anything in the hitchhiker guide. I came back later to the bucket, which I hadn't dumped because I wanted to take another look at the worms, and the worms were gone! Either climbed out of a half gallon container, or disintegrated!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back