New wellsophyllia rescue

JReefaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I probably butchered the name. But it was in the 50% off section and other than one spot that was showing skeleton the coral looked overall nice so I decided to pick it up as a rescue. I dipped it in revive for about 20 -30 mins before putting him in the tank. I have it down in the sand not directly under the t5s. What should I be doing or watching for? I'm new to rescuing things

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wellsophyllia name does not exist any more. It is now called trachyphyllia radiata. Could you post picture? I would keep in low light and flow. Feed it if it will not eat try liquid foods.

OP
OP
J

JReefaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406078256.114219.jpg
can you see this pic? I'm posting from tapatalk. Besides that spot on the top right it doesn't look to be in bad health. I've got him in low light and low flow. I'll see if I can get him to eat mysis

EuroGti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't look to great. Even though it's only missing some tissue up too, the skin is very tight on the skeleton. Looks really deflated and maybe even a tad bit bleached. I would put it under shade if you have any shaded spots.

Also look out for snails, crabs, ect bothering it at night. Sometimes they are only cleaning the dead tissue, but they aggravate the coral and make it worse.
Goodluck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JReefaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to these so I'm not sure what they were supposed to look like. I have one spot that is pretty shaded I will put him under tomorrow

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The deflated look as mentioned is not good. The flesh missing on the corner extends toward the mouth area. My trachy had a small area on outer ring from being a bit covered by sand bed. It does heal but slowly. The above post about keeping it away from all creatures is dead on. Fish, shrimp etc. will try and pick it. Lighting very low. Watch water perimeters.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back