Micromussas lost color

archaic37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These micromussa and paly have been.in a low nutrient sps tank for a while now. I placed them in a 20L lps, softy tank just about 1 month ago. They lost color after going into my 40 and have gained just a bit of color since adding them in.the 20 but not much.

My question as far lighting whereshould they be placed? Or maybe is it a nutrient or matter of time issue?

Lighting was this
6x cree xte rb
3 cree xte nw
2 hyper violet
1 ocean coral white.

The light just was upgraded 2 days ago to this. The light itself was raised higher for more spread and less intensity.

2 luxeon M
1 vero 10
2 rebel lime
2 rebel cyan
2 rebel deep red
4 rebel cool blue
4 hyper violet

Corals with Issues
2x Micromussas
Both these are off to the side about 6" away from the edge of the fixture. The micro on left has colored up a bit due to me placing it in the shade (literally under an overhang) but I had to move it out for a picture. There is some color to it but I would consider it more purple than anything.
Micro on the right has been off the side of the light since transfering and hasn't done much. I had it shaded in the 40 when I noticed color loss but that didnt help.
14760331651_38a8eebeb6_b.jpg

Colony picture of micro on right (getting this from the store it looked very similar but was under lower light)
14763505735_a4abc6ac60_z.jpg

Colony picture of micro on left. WYISWG and it came in looking like this.
302_zps90beb1e1.jpg

Bubble Yum paly
These guys came in looking fairly bleh. They have colored up slightly from basically brown to this very faint brown pink with silver skirts. They are growing well, but no color really. I have them in fairly high light, 3" off the bottom directly under the fixture, and I am not sure if they should be shaded or even higher light.
14577067647_e57bb4900f_b.jpg

14577045217_491be6025d_z.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back