Need Some t-5 Bulb Combo Suggestions (4x39W)

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased an ATI 36" 4x39W Dimmable SunPower t-5 Fixture to hang over my 40g breeder. Trying to maintain quite a few Chalices, some leptos, brains, an oxy, etc. as well as a large Elegance that is currently very happy under the lighting I'm using now (LEDS). Without getting into why I'm switching, could anyone please recommend a good t-5 4-bulb combo that would satisfy my bottom stuff but not sadden my Elegance? Is this even possible?

DAPG8GT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard imo to get a color you love with t5 with just 4 bulbs.. I would start with 2x blue + and 2x coral + and go from there I think it would look great and I've seen a few tanks running 50/50 and they look great. That combo would allow you to grow anything basically.. The par may be a bit high up top with that combo and it will be a crisp whitish blue.. There is plenty of ways to do it imo I would grab at least 6 bulbs to start with to find out what you like.. 2x blue + is a must and the rest is up to you.. For daylight bulbs you can either run a coral + or aqua blue special (both are full spectrum options). I personally love the coral +.. In my 8 bulbs powermodule I run 6x blue + and 2x coral + and have a great color for my personal choice.. It's blue for sure but not windex unnatural blue..

Sorry for the rant it's probably made you more confused than before lol.. If it was my choice and fixture the 6 bulbs I would buy would be 3x blue +, 2x coral + and one purple + or true Actinic..

Last edited:
OP
OP

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Sorry for the rant it's probably made you more confused than before lol.. ..

No problem; I expect differences of opinion, especially on lighting. It seems though that lately there has been much emphasis on the 'We've Been Way Over Lighting Them' topic when it come to Chalices etc. and I just wanted to see if this was reflected in the current bulb suggestions.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back