Question on Duncan and Toadstool Please Help

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both for about 3 weeks and the Toadstool is a Neon green and the green has never opened since i have had it. And the Duncan just opens when the blue lights are on.. I have LED's and my levels are as follows, but when the white lighs come on the Duncan closes and the Toadstool still does not open the green on the ends of the tenicles.

Please Help

Alk - 1.026
Phos - 0
Amonia-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite -0
PH-8.2
Kh-12.2
Calcium-450

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say your water is to clean for those corals.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like lights are to strong but if all your numbers are 0, I would get new kits or your tank is new and hasnt cycled?

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the Duncan only opens with your blues on, is it possible that your lights are too bright?

First thing and easiest to correct. Nitrates are low but that is not the cause of your problems. Your water perimeters are fine guessing the first one is salinity. How long have you had them and is there any other corals looking bad or looking good? Not into LEDs but many can be dimmed. If not move them to a shade area.

OP
OP
I

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i rechecked the nitrates and i am correct it is at o, i use the API test kit.....i have had those 2 corals about 3 weeks....and i have had my take 4 yrs....well since i put the lisghts up just little since i have not had the lights long...i noticed the duncan is fuly open with the other lights on instread of the blue. but nthe toadstool has not opened on the ends to see the green.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back