Rare Acanthophyllia, worth the high price tag?

EdansClownHouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow friends,

So is this Acanthophyllia worth a high price tag? I love it...but I need input from my fellow reefers to say whether the markings, etc. are really worth a high price tag?
DSC_0004-2-3.jpg

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not too sure of the rarity but i wouldnt pay 700$ for it. i just asked gab she said she wouldn't pay more then200-300$. thats comming from a girl . lol. :x

but anyways its a nice piece but IMO not worth 700$ of our money.

kuansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have different tastes. Not my taste to even care for its pricing. Buy it if you like it.

OP
OP
EdansClownHouse

EdansClownHouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not too sure of the rarity but i wouldnt pay 700$ for it. i just asked gab she said she wouldn't pay more then200-300$. thats comming from a girl . lol. :x

but anyways its a nice piece but IMO not worth 700$ of our money.

Thank you very much for your advice. I always have a hard time figuring out why some corals are so expensive and some other...just as beautiful...are not. I wish there was a guide of what markings are rare or color combos. More of a way to see if a vendor is just taking advantage ...or not. :smile:

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow i never saw a $700 acanthophyllia. I would never pay $700 for anything that a tank mishap will wipe that one polyp out.

OP
OP
EdansClownHouse

EdansClownHouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a very good point (Tab28). If coral animals were as hardy as my dog...it would be much easier to justify paying a bit more.

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really nice, even I was tempted to buy it. But I simply don't have the space for it.

Acanthophyllia are expensive to begin with. Even the plain common colors are close to $200, for sure at least 150.

I don't look out for them, so take it what it's worth, but I've never seen a pink one. Most seem to be orange and green and even those are 350+.

Hard to say if it's worth it. How rare is it? Well you won't be fragging that piece to spread it around so unless more come in large numbers it will continue to be scarce. It all comes down to how much you like it yourself.

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that buying a corals because it's of it's rare color most likely means it just came from the ocean and will change color under our lights. I've bought a rainbow acan before that didn't grow at all and died in a couple of months, at the same time I bought a simple red and blue acan that has become a beautiful colony. What one do you think I enjoy more?

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really nice, even I was tempted to buy it. But I simply don't have the space for it.

Acanthophyllia are expensive to begin with. Even the plain common colors are close to $200, for sure at least 150.

I don't look out for them, so take it what it's worth, but I've never seen a pink one. Most seem to be orange and green and even those are 350+.

Hard to say if it's worth it. How rare is it? Well you won't be fragging that piece to spread it around so unless more come in large numbers it will continue to be scarce. It all comes down to how much you like it yourself.

Well put!!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back