Entering another Galaxea....

CFQTPye

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon All!

I wanted to get a little input regarding Galaxea coral. My LFS has a GORGEOUS green galaxea for sale that i'm dying to add to my tank. However i'm concerned about it's aggressiveness. Being that most of my corals are peaceful or semi-aggressive, this coral would obviously increase the dynamic in my tank. I have a space to put it away from the rest of my corals so it doesn't affect them.

However my question is regarding my fish. Would Galaxea attack my fish? I have VERY curious clowns that inspect EVERYTHING that's added and in the tank. Would the Galaxea attack my fish?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.
Corinne

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns just laid their first clutch under an encrusting ledge of my volleyball-sized Galaxea. Definitely not harmful to fish! ;)

reefermadness55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theyre great corals, i bought a small frag about the size of a 50 cent coin and now its larger than a golf ball, since day 1 i have seen sweeper tentacles up to six inches long! so as long as you dont put other coral too close your good to go, never had any other problems with it, just give it space lol

OP
OP
C

CFQTPye

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is... picked it up this morning.
Galaxea.jpg

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice size one. As mentioned they grow fast. I had one for at least 6 years. Green and orange with sweepers that got over 10" long. They attack any time of day but nights are there favorite time of attack. If it was not for adjusting powerheads i would have no corals left. Night with lunars on will show why this corals is called gallaxy. Like looking up at a star filled sky.

jstec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to sell mine it got so big and started killing off things. I wish I had a bigger tank to keep it it it looked amazing under my blue LEDs

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back