This Coral Is so colorful I wanna get rid of it

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone experience that ? I have that with a bi-color torch, it's so bright green and purple that it almost looks fake. Insanely bright, and with Actinics on it's unreal.

Attachments

• 1414618077887.jpg
    1414618077887.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 308

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha ha! Is that a sales pitch? I've never heard of anyone wanting to get rid of a coral bc of too much color. Usually those are show pieces.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha! Is that a sales pitch? I've never heard of anyone wanting to get rid of a coral bc of too much color. Usually those are show pieces.

Honestly, the colors are so vastly contrast from eachother that it looks nearly fake.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wheres the color?

The picture really doesn't do it justice, as I took it when my kessil was on 10%. I'm sure any coral I have wouldn't seem colorful for someone who loves crazy chalices lol.

Honestly I could have bought some of those wacky scolys, or a chalice, but they are so colorful it looks fake, or unreal to me lol. And don't worry, my eyes are fine... I just have a certain limit on how insane my tank will look :p

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind insanely colored zoas/Palys because their coloration serves a purpose;
They're extremely poisonous.

I love extremely bright colors. I'd buy one of those bright orange speckled bubble tips any day. But sometimes it gets to the point where it doesn't even appeal to me, like bright green and red stripes on a scoly or a rainbow of colors on a chalice.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't mind insanely colored zoas/Palys because their coloration serves a purpose;
They're extremely poisonous.

I love extremely bright colors. I'd buy one of those bright orange speckled bubble tips any day. But sometimes it gets to the point where it doesn't even appeal to me, like bright green and red stripes on a scoly or a rainbow of colors on a chalice.

Let's say your perspective is a bit different that the acetate hobbyist. :tongue: Hope you get it worked out! Ha ha! I think most of us wish we were complaining that our corals are too bright!

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually bought this torch as a show piece, and I love it dearly. I'm still not sure lol. This rarely happens, I want all the color I can get. Right now I have a neon green sinulara, rainbow and snake eyes Acans, a neon green bubble tip, utter chaos, seduction, agave, VDMs, AOGs, Gobstoppers, Darth mauls, swirly hammer, joker montipora, ponape birdsnest, and I'm loving all of them.

But this torch is something else. It pops more than anything in the tank ( so far )

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's say your perspective is a bit different that the acetate hobbyist. :tongue: Hope you get it worked out! Ha ha! I think most of us wish we were complaining that our corals are too bright!

lol thank you, I'm still deciding. Maybe I should get more super colored corals to make it less appealing ?

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the kind of pieces most want.. If you decide to sell im sure you wont have a problem getting rid of it.. lol

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the kind of pieces most want.. If you decide to sell im sure you wont have a problem getting rid of it.. lol

lol yeah, I'll do some fragging in the future. I like all of them though, it's just the torch that slaps me in the face with color when I look at the tank :p

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back