Torch and Hammer corals

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new to this hobby and would like to know if the corals are to close to harm each other would like some feedback i have moved them all over but only open where they are ay

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419099463609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419099463609.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 859

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe they will harm each other regardless. I think they are immune to each others stings. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Tank.Bro!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes torches and frogs will hammers an frogs no, torches have a more thin polyp and they will recognize they are diffrent and a battle will break out, hammers have similar jape an color so goodluck...

Tank.Bro!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait no it's like this torches can not be with hammers or frogs but hammers and frogs can.... Disregard my other post... I was typing before my mind thought

OP
OP
g_acosta_02

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well let's see what happens because like I said that is the only spot they like will keep up with any changes thanks to everyone

Tank.Bro!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll jut have to frag them when they grow, just the left side of the hammer and right of the torch and they will slowly grow just keep up on their size...

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine for a bit then they will go to war when they start touching

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
torches and frogs= good
frogs and hammrs=good
torches and hammers= no good
and in some cases hammers from different locations = no good. Haven't seen this myself but have heard of it
I have pictures of torches and frogs touching in my system if you want evidence.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can tell torches compatibility with other euphyliia is dicey. Most euphyllia can co-exist except for torches. They may or may not like other euphyllia. Even if they tolerate frogspawn or hammer for years. They can suddenly lash out on their cousins. You can tell if they are not cohabiting if the tentacles stick. If they just sway back and forth like hair brushing against it's neighbors. It is ok, but could change the next day.

Tank.Bro!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm referring all of the combos some people can't get anything to grow together so if you want to let them do it then what ever lol, either way you might kill some coral..

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch, 1 set of torch lays directly on top of a set of hammers i have with no issues ever. I've posted pictures, literally always laying all over the hammer. No issues there....

On other hand, i have another set of torches, i had it next to my frogspawn and it did sting it and the frogs retracted... had to move the torch...

Frogs recovered in a few days just fine.

Last edited:

DiscoDave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
torches and frogs= good
frogs and hammrs=good
torches and hammers= no good
and in some cases hammers from different locations = no good. Haven't seen this myself but have heard of it
I have pictures of torches and frogs touching in my system if you want evidence.

excellent way of putting it ReefFreak :) i will remember that one, i am new and got my first hammer a week ago, looking forward to watching him grow, just a quick question if i may; How quick do hammers grow?

hammer.jpg

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
excellent way of putting it ReefFreak :) i will remember that one, i am new and got my first hammer a week ago, looking forward to watching him grow, just a quick question if i may; How quick do hammers grow?

hammer.jpg
nice little piece. As with all corals it depends on your parameters lighting and nutrition of the coral, if those things are meet you should see some nice growth in 4 months give or take some.

DiscoDave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ReefFreak, am runnning a Kent Marine system and the lighting is all integrated into the lid, i have the lights on for approx 8hrs a day, inc blues, is this right? other than that, i have started a blog where i am telling a little story of my experiences etc and also a chart / table listing my water parameters, feel free to take a look.

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=384603646514042289#overview/src=dashboard

Thanks again

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reach1.jpg

reach.jpg

No issues here with torch and hammer....
But my other Torch burned my frogs !!!!!

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can put torch and frogspawn close together with no problem. i have four different type of frogspawn and torch bunch up together without any problem.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back