Rescue a Trachyphyllia

Oliver94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
2 days ago I got a trachyphyllia that was at my LFS for months in this condition for 10$,and I wanted to try to save her,I need your help please and advice to be able to help it recover.

Here is a picture of her:

Yesterday morning before the lights comes on I tried to feed her but no response,no tentacles(even during the night).So I placed some food on its mouth and shrimp ate them all,so I used the bottle method and suceeded into feeding her!

This morning also I fed her a big piece of frozen food,and it reacted faster than yesterday no need for bottles,but there is no visible tentacles yet,here is a picture of her this morning eating :

The coral was dipped with coral revive and is placed in a shadowed area because it looks a bit bleached.
I read some topic that advice to cut the edge of the dead skeleton,in order to make it less sharp.should I do it? or leave it as it is?
A couple of picture taken this morning,the coral looks better than the first day,it opened a bit

Thank you in advanced !

BattlestarGalaxia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I have no idea how to help, but it looks like your doing a great job with what you're doing. good luck I hope it makes it.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point you're doing everything right. I would not try to cut away dead skeleton if tissue is not consistently receding. They can regrow tissue fairly rapidly once settled in. Keep those shrimp fed so they don't try to tear food out of the corals gut. Keep feeding the coral and don't move it until it really settles in. Good luck :thumb:

OP
OP
Oliver94

Oliver94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Thanks you for your replies!
Deal stunreefer I will keep feeding it and won't move it before it gains all its "skin" and hopefully its color.
Thank you for your advice!
If anyone else have any other tips concerning how to help this coral
I will be more than happy to read and apply them.
Thank you! :)

sukimu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also in the process of reviving my bubble coral, half of it has no tissue while the other half is doing great.
I simply dipped it and placed it on the sand and just over feeding when ever i can.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Oliver94

Oliver94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for your advices!
Thanks Rabih! :)) i am still feeding the coral :)
A picture of it today
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422521676.096320.jpg

Back