light for LPS in new tank.

Zerc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 75g with a TEK 6 bulb t5 fixture ATI bulbs (b+/act/b+/c+/p+/b+)

I bought a 125g to upgrade and I plan to stick with T5 bulbs. I am going to buy a six bulb sunpower fixture from ATI and run (b+/ b+/ c+/ p+/ b+/ b+)
The fixture is only 60 inches long, so am going to hang it about 10 inches off the water to cover the ends of the tank. The tank is bare bottom and rockless ( all my corals are on the bottom of the tank). Corals are Lobos, Carpet Lobos, Acans (lord/bower/hillae), favia, goniastrea, favites, hammer, bubble coral, and a squamosa.

My question is what can I do to supplement some actinic lighting? It will need to hang from the ceiling.

OP
OP
Z

Zerc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would moving to an 8 bulb fixture and adding two ati pure actinic bulbs be too much light? I heard that those particular bulbs are fairly low par.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it would be too much light. Another option would be to get blue led strips and use that to supplement.

GreatWhiteTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 60 inch bulbs on a 125.. 8 inches off the water, inside a canopy and there was plenty of spread.. I feel that your bulb length and count is not the problem but rather your par value of t5 lamps at 24 inch depth of a 125.. I would say go with the extra 2 bulbs and put it close to the water.. And hopefully the coral at the bottom of that tank will get enough light.. Def not too much

mrjlopez731

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working with T5 for now but got LED's and should have those up and running in about 2 months time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 143

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back