Encrusting Goni Revival

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an encrusting goni for about a year. Some time ago my PBT was picking at it. I got rid of the PBT and the Goni stopped coming out. Its been at least 2 months but its still there. Anything i can do to get it to open up again? I've moved it to a few different spots in the tank but it never comes out again.
FYI Im not moving it daily, its been sitting for a month at least and before that somewhere else for a month or more, also when i touch it i don't touch any tissue, just the rock its on.

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20150325_075901.jpg

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your water perimeters ok? You have had it for awhile so it is not likely flow or lighting. It may have an infection. Have you dipped it? It may take a few daily dips.

I have a few goni i brought back from brown jelly. Took awhile but came back nicely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i test my water if not every 3 days then at least 1time a week. I dose vodka so i try to stay sure im not harming anything.
This happened ever since my PBT went nuts and wanted to bite everyone and everything... Ever since its been shut like this. I dipped in revive 1 time. I hate that smell but i can dip again and see...

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a powder brown if that is what you are referring to. Mine does not bother any corals. It may pick at bare areas for algae. They are herbivores. Either way it may have something wrong like bacterial. If your perimeters are ok, lighting and flow are the same for the year you have had it. A lot of it looks like it has been dead for while. I have good success with iodine dips, except with brown jelly that is not what you have.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back