Miami hurricane chalice

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this beauty out, the miami hurricane chalice. $100 for a frag, should I get it?
Derek's Reef Shop

Attachments

• MiamiHurricane.jpg
    MiamiHurricane.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 926

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can probably find that same coral for less if you're patient. I have it myself. It's a nice chalice and grows well.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO $100 it would have to be a colony. I love Miami hurricane but they can be had for less than $30 for a 2"x2" frag.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the market average is around $40 per frag 1-3 eyes. But if you want to spend more you can get this gem the Jason Fox "My Miami Hurricane" chalice. So nice!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429906177.193695.jpg

My miami is still on my wish list. It may never get down to miami hurricane price but keeps getting more affordable. Hey 2000$ an eye at one time.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Canada so nice chalices aren't as common. Maybe in the US this thing is common, but I don't know if it's a common in canada. Maybe a canadian might find this thread and give me some insight? But I doubt that'll happen.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Canada so nice chalices aren't as common. Maybe in the US this thing is common, but I don't know if it's a common in canada. Maybe a canadian might find this thread and give me some insight? But I doubt that'll happen.

As mentioned the chalice name is miami hurricane or pumpkin patch. Same chalice two dealers gave it different names. Common old school chalice but still one of my favorites. Originally was green bodied but turned blue under aquarium lighting. The eyes are the name feature. They start yellow and changes different shades until they hit bright red orange. A large colony will have several dozen eyes each colored a different hue of yellow to orange. Very pretty and another bonus it is a fast grower.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned the chalice name is miami hurricane or pumpkin patch. Same chalice two dealers gave it different names. Common old school chalice but still one of my favorites. Originally was green bodied but turned blue under aquarium lighting. The eyes are the name feature. They start yellow and changes different shades until they hit bright red orange. A large colony will have several dozen eyes each colored a different hue of yellow to orange. Very pretty and another bonus it is a fast grower.
That's pretty awesome! I really want it now. Probs gonna get it.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this beauty out, the miami hurricane chalice. $100 for a frag, should I get it?
Derek's Reef Shop

Maybe 10 Years Ago.

I have gotten Frags of this Chalice for 10.00 so 100.00 is Insane.

Tons of people have them and they grow very fast.

Also, How Big is the Frag?

Some people charge by the eye which would make it even more Insane.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...I had a 12" dinner plate and sold it for 100$!

I actually know a guy who straight up threw out a Miami Hurricane that size because he could not get anything for it.

It went right to the Garbage.

It is a Shame since it is a Really Nice Coral.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back