Acanthophyllia Deshayesiana Show Off Thread!!

Fishinfool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might know these corals as Meat Coral, Knob Coral, Indo Scoly, Doughnut Brains etc... These beautiful corals have recently been reclassified and currently the is no Acanthophyllia Deshayesiana show off thread so here are a few of my beauties!!

61fb776e.jpg

31226bf8.jpg

a5e10ddf.jpg

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you officially just ruined this thread because who would want to try to follow after those beauties!!! I recently got hooked on these guys. Yours are incredible!

OP
OP
F

Fishinfool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Reef Lvr! I know folks have some crazy ones out there. Hopefully someone will come out of hiding with the holy grail piece! :wink:

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great I've wanted one of these for a long time and now I'm going to get to see what's out there. Those are some of the best looking I've seen. Any way to propagate??

OP
OP
F

Fishinfool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great I've wanted one of these for a long time and now I'm going to get to see what's out there. Those are some of the best looking I've seen. Any way to propagate??

You're in Sarasota? I'm only about 20 min away in Venice! Come down and see these beauties in person! Send me a PM and we can exchange info. You could propagate. It would take someone very brave with an Inland bandsaw to be able to chop one. I've seen it done, just not very often. I've cut Lobophyllia with a bandsaw before and had the coral live. It really takes a long time to heal though.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might know these corals as Meat Coral, Knob Coral, Indo Scoly, Doughnut Brains etc... These beautiful corals have recently been reclassified and currently the is no Acanthophyllia Deshayesiana show off thread so here are a few of my beauties!!

61fb776e.jpg

31226bf8.jpg

a5e10ddf.jpg

talk about startin a thread with a BAMMMMMMM followed by DANGGGGG those are Saweet man looks like a box of crayola just exploded over your corals :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I am torn between your 1st and 3rd one. Both are truly incredible pieces. Thanks for sharing!

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these also called doughnut coral? I just recently saw one but it was called a doughnut coral.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back