RR Orange Passion...

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who else has a piece of this growing? How is the color? Do the polyps retain the bright orange?

I have a mini colony going. It has been in my frag tank where the orange polyps are now some what subtle but still nice. I've moved it to my display and Im hoping they turn a bit more orange yet. Still I think its looking pretty good.

PB106683.jpg

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange polyps? I don't have it, but sounds like I wish I did! You have any pics?

OP
OP
darryl_v

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope...no picture at all. :squigglemouth: ^^^^^

Here is the vendor picture that makes you want to run out and spend money.

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,379

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got in a frag of SC orange passion. It's not to happy at the moment from fragging and shipping. I'm hoping it doesn't take to long to color up.

Your colony looks great! If you can get a little more orange out if it you'd be in business!

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got in a frag of SC orange passion. It's not to happy at the moment from fragging and shipping. I'm hoping it doesn't take to long to color up.

Your colony looks great! If you can get a little more orange out if it you'd be in business!

What is the difference of the SC ORange passion and RR Orange Passion? Are they from the same colony or different?

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look very similar to me. Mike says he didn't get his from RR. So that's why he called it SC . They look to be the same growth pattern and color, though. They very well could be from the same colony but I don't think anyone can prove it.

OurReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have had ours for 6 weeks I think, polyps are starting to get an orange tint to them.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darryl your pic was in the original post earlier but Im not seeing it now, where did it go?

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who else has a piece of this growing? How is the color? Do the polyps retain the bright orange?

I have a mini colony going. It has been in my frag tank where the orange polyps are now some what subtle but still nice. I've moved it to my display and Im hoping they turn a bit more orange yet. Still I think its looking pretty good.

I think your colony does look great. I think the magnification of the vendors picture may give the polyps the hint of more orange or perhaps their lighting involved because the body color in the vendors picture also is more lime or at least lighter green than yours. Anyone ever seen the mother colony. I have visited reef raft USA on multiple times but have unfortunately mistimed my visits and never seen a colored up mother colony of some of these very unusual and spectacular acros. I am sure when fully colored up, they must be spectacular.

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!!!

Polyps look brown to me maybe its just different lighting, example I bought a polyp off a friend, in his tank it was bright orange centered he has led's in my tank with mh its blue as the sky..

Frink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I participated in the Reef Raft Canada buy last year and am still disappointed in the difference between web photos an real life appearance.I wish I had seen the frags in person before buying. Cjs Pinkie is still light green not pink and Poison Ivy bears only a slight resemblance in coloration to photos of mother colonies. The two millies i got in the shipment look just as good or better than photos on RR website.The "unusual montipora" was also a magnificent photo which disappoints in person.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my frag but it looked identical to the original photo and it held its color while I had it. I have pics of it on the forum somewhere.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back