Lets see those Original Unique Corals Strawberry Shortcake Acro

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so Im partial to the Unique Corals Strawberry Shortcake love this coral. There's a lot of short cakes out there but By far IMO this is my favorite. I have this frag which was clipped a few weeks ago from my original colony in grow out for the new reef display. Lots of light and lots of flow. If you have a colony or frag lets see.

IMG_0945_zps1d27af9b.jpg

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0600.jpg

I got this frag 6 weeks ago. It was bleached out but the polyps were still out. It is supposed to be strawberry shortcake. Since I bought it, it has turned green with some red starting to show up.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ssc is as common a a monti digitata. I can't tell the difference between a unique corals ssc or any other wild ssc. I love all ssc. The pink and green contrast is beautiful.

ReefHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a difference.....I will try to find a pic of the more common one I see because I have it too :)

ReefHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be tomorrow when I get my pic up. Anyways go look at some called Aussie strawberry shortcake or the insane Aussie shortcake at BC or heck even the shades of fall acro.....seems like these ones are named SSC very often as well. They seem to have a lighter, electric green in the body with lighter red tips and the polyps do not appear as red. Both are very nice but totally different.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag just RTN'd for no reason I could find. I have the wild Aussie one growing right next to it and it's still growing.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back