Where are they now?

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was thinking about some pieces I never managed to get and haven't seen for some time. The two that came to mind today are the ORA Dustin's Deepwater and Bellina. Anyone still have these? What are your "ones that got away"? Maybe we can track down some of our past loves.

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS can get the ORA bellina and dustins deep water.not sure why it is hard to find where you are at but here in Florida they aren't too hard to come by.if the LFS doesn't have it in stock he will make sure to place it on his next ORA order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishLipz

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that's my problem. All my LFS are let's just say….not of a high quality. I may need to venture a little further and make a day trip.

Reefer1225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard ORA lost their Colony of Dustin's Deepwater years ago. If you heard otherwise, let us know.

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also heard that belina is another one ORA unfortunately lost. That's one ive been looking for for a while now

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also heard that belina is another one ORA unfortunately lost. That's one ive been looking for for a while now

Also I could be wrong but I heard the red planet was lost as well

So sad to see that 24" mother colony die

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I could be wrong but I heard the red planet was lost as well

So sad to see that 24" mother colony die

Wow, that's awful if its true. Anyone know what happened to purple plasma? Was that another one they lost? I havent been able to find that anywhere as well. Belina and Purple Plasma are the 2 i really like from ora but can't find :(

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my source tells me they lost their Pearlberry. If even half these losses are true isn't it strange that a professional facility would allow this to be able to happen? Meh, what do I know. But I would also love to find the pb as well as the Dustin's and Bellina.

Last edited:

Reefer1225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen hobbyists selling Purple Plasma and Bellina in the past, not common but it's out there. Pearlberry is relatively easy to find and Red Planet almost everyone has. Now, Dustin's Deepwater may be gone from the hobby forever...

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen hobbyists selling Purple Plasma and Bellina in the past, not common but it's out there. Pearlberry is relatively easy to find and Red Planet almost everyone has. Now, Dustin's Deepwater may be gone from the hobby forever...

That's good to hear. Guess I just have to keep looking. Eventually I'll find them

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah got my Pearlberry today. True is not hard to find on web but I don't like shipping so had to get locally.

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's awful if its true. Anyone know what happened to purple plasma? Was that another one they lost? I havent been able to find that anywhere as well. Belina and Purple Plasma are the 2 i really like from ora but can't find :(

I have a soft ball size colony of Purple Plasma. It's still on that dang bullet proof plug. I got it about four years ago.

Sent from my iPad using REEF2REEF

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so many people have Pearlberry and Red Planet, why wouldn't ORA simply buy some more frags and get back in the business? Heck, I'll sell them some Purple Plasma!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the pearlberry was simply retired, they didn't lose the colony. Or was it retired because they lost it? Who knows. I heard a while back they lost their red planet colony.
If anyone has or knows where the dustins deepwater acro is lmk. I have been looking for it for quite some time

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back