Coral dip

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best product to dip corals with?

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used Rx but heard great things about it. I use Melafix and ReVive.

Stay away from Seachem Coral Dip. It does nothing.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from Seachem Coral Dip. It does nothing.

I use Flatworm Exit, Revive, and Seachem Coral Cure. I feel the iodine based final dip helps ease the rough prior dips. It may be just personal observation, but polyps are out quicker if I dip in the Seachem stuff before it hits the tank...

scastillo813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+4 on Coral RX. It does a great job killing and getting just about any unwanted creatures off my coral frags.

I have heard of people complaining that, it's killed their acros before though.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

marke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This along with proper QT are the only true way to ensure you are pest free. Dips alone are a waste of money (coral and dip). So unless you are going to QT, don't bother dipping.

This is probably a fair statement. I don't QT but I do use Bayer and have used all the others also. I find Bayer to work best. Many times depending on the coral and where it came from. I don't dip. I have been lucky so far. I think a well run tank with cuc fish usually takes care of pest. Reefers with poor water quality and low flow seem to have the most pest problems.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've used Bayer and have gotten aefw twice now. So that is why the QT is critical. I was in the same mindset as you until I discovered them The second time.

I'm currently in week 3 of 8 of the dipping process. Once I'm done dipping, I will be setting up a permanent QT to house all corals for eight weeks prior to introduction into the display. I got lucky this time because all my acros were frags and not on rocks since I am setting up a new tank.

"Reefers with poor water quality and low flow" - I don't agree with this either. In my old 120, I had a little over 11000gph turnover, had acros that were easily the size of basketballs, and still got the flatworms and watched them decimate that tank. Water quality has nothing to do with QT procedures or luck. Nor does flow.

Every coral that Goes in a tank unquarantined is like playing Russian roulette. You'll lose the game eventually.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back