Anyone have any grown out reef raft sps? Does it look like it does on thier site?

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I do know that some of these colors are attainable, many of these pieces are enhanced to the point where they are not reality. I do like the hype and the excitement that RR pieces bring to the hobby.

No one has a Jaw dropper that looks like this pic. If you do prove me wrong.

rr_zps98c45100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I do know that some of these colors are attainable, many of these pieces are enhanced to the point where they are not reality. I do like the hype and the excitement that RR pieces bring to the hobby.

rr_zps98c45100.jpg

++++1

Last edited by a moderator:

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish these colors were attainable, just keep adding blue, it'll get there eventually....I wonder if this could be construed as a bait and switch

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jaw dropper could have looked exactly like that picture at one point. Probably the day they received it and smashed it into tiny frags to sell it asap before the color shifted in captivity.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Redbull and its nothing like the pic online, granted if you check properties of the picture found online it says saturation level high-I'm not sure if that means its very wet, ie saturated or the colors are jacked up to make it look so bad. The majority of sponsors jack the photos up, not all just the majority

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I do know that some of these colors are attainable, many of these pieces are enhanced to the point where they are not reality. I do like the hype and the excitement that RR pieces bring to the hobby, I just don't like misrepresentation of the corals (scam)

rr_zps98c45100.jpg
Very true! RR Canada they PS it a little too much and you will never pull off that colors. I got a few corals from RR USA and it pretty spot on the money.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jaw dropper could have looked exactly like that picture at one point. Probably the day they received it and smashed it into tiny frags to sell it asap before the color shifted in captivity.

I don't know about you but if I received a wild coral with colors like this I would have taken 5 million photos and posted them all over, not just one carefully enhanced photo.

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree with Pete. Thats probably right when it came in, who knows if it can reach that potential again. Its just like Orange Passion everyone's minus kiethcorals who has an actual sweet colony looks bla. Could have to be colony size to reach that potential. But I do agree that all the photoshop is weak and everything should be shot in RAW.

mr_bigl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that some pics are over the top by some sellers. But living in so cal I have the opportunity to see the corals first hand before I purchase. I have several RR signatures that look like the pictures they posted. I'll do my best to post one not taken by my cell.

kv69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oblivion RRUSA pic is close, I run a lot of blue and cell phone pic is a bit washed out.
20140712_152425.jpg

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about you but if I received a wild coral with colors like this I would have taken 5 million photos and posted them all over, not just one carefully enhanced photo.

It's probably because that was the only 2 pieces of the colony that had color like that. They knew what they were doing and made a ton of money.

I'll just stick to $20 frags and never be disappointed lol

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own any RR SPS but I do own LPS and Z's N P's from them and their pic's have been spot on with the corals that I have.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo 2 (3).jpg
This is a RR USA not RR Canada. This picture was taken 6 month ago in my tank. it got a lot bigger and brighter you will be shock if you saw it today.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back