Efflo

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy week for the reef! Picked up this frag yesterday which is supposed to be some sort of efflo, although the piece it was taken from was just sort of ball-shaped. It had been sold to the LFS as an efflo and had died back and re grown twice in the 8 months or so they had it. It was still recovering from the last die back but I convinced them to cut off one of the live patches. It only cost me $16 so it was worth the risk. So far it is just greenish (which looks emerald under actinic, and purple in my photo) with the newer growth brighter green with darker (reddish?) polyps. Polyp extension seems pretty decent where I have it. We will see what it does.

image.jpg

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell by the pic but it looks like it could be an efflo. Nice piece, I love my $500 efflo

OP
OP
Velodog2

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it doesn't look much like an efflo since it's not tabling yet. But it's also not growing up in branches. Will be fun to see if I can keep it better than the fish store did and what it turns into. A $500 efflo for $16 would be a good deal lol.

OP
OP
Velodog2

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less than a week in my tank and you can see the growth edge on top and one point on the lower right changing color. You can sort of tell from the photo but it's more apparent in the flesh that they are changing to that purple/blue mix I often see in efflo pics. Encouraging.
image.jpg

Last edited:

TighTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, the growth pattern doesn't appear to be that of an efflo but hey...who knows!

Back