Stn question

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you have seen my thread, you may have noticed that I lost most of my coral during a recent move. A couple started to stn while in a temporary tank, and now that they have been in my dt for a couple weeks the stn seems to have stopped. I fragged them all just in case. But my question is has anyone ever had experience with the stn stopping and the coral tissue growing back over the area? Or should I grab the cutters and chop them up now even though the stn hasn't progressed?

exonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my blue staghorn STN from base in a new tank, but after fwe months tisue grow back and it is imposibble to say that it had stn.

cvysochin

View Badges
Reaction score
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely can and will grow back. Some more then others depending on the damage done. I recently had a alk drop and 75% of all my acros started to stn. Once I got my alk/ph back up stuff is starting to grow back faster then ever. If your params are back on track just give it some time. If you see it start to get worse cut away. If not you can just leave it, unless it starts to become an eye sore from not healing back all the way.

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely can and will grow back. Some more then others depending on the damage done. I recently had a alk drop and 75% of all my acros started to stn. Once I got my alk/ph back up stuff is starting to grow back faster then ever. If your params are back on track just give it some time. If you see it start to get worse cut away. If not you can just leave it, unless it starts to become an eye sore from not healing back all the way.

Luckily the stn was on the base and underneath to where you can't really see it just from looking at them. Everything on 90+% of the coral looks fine. Thank you for the help. I'll be needing to stop by soon to replenish my stock

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stn- slow tissue necrosisRtn- rapid tissue necrosisIt is when the tissue on a hard coral begins to die off. It looks similar to bleaching but usually starts on the base. I'll try to get a picture when I get home from work if the lights are on.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back