Last night's score! Must stop!

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a great night at a couple LFS. Total bill about $90. Top two are JF sour twist and red dragon. Any help with bottom two ID (species or variety) would be appreciated. Bottom left is reddish-purple with bright green polyps on little spines and baby blue tips. Bottom right is dark greenish fading to dark purple on tips. Looks to be similar structure to JF blue saphire. Polyps were out on all 10 min after putting in tank.

The bad news is that I've lost reasonable control of my buying. A sane person would probably consider my little tank over-packed at this point. Bigger tank? I love this stuff too much.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Velodog2

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah it's all about the hunt and the score. And the deal! More fun than ordering off a web page.

Any idea of an ID on the smooth one on bottom right? I'd like yo know how it's going to grow (ie up or out). I've never used Veron's but maybe will give it a try.

The second LFS just moved here from a bigger town close by where rent got too high. I think they are struggling a little but not sure. I do what I can to support both :)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell one of them to move where I live :) We have a great LFS here ,,, unless you like SPS corals ,,, online is about all we have here for nice SPS corals :(

OP
OP
Velodog2

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting up a few more pics, just cuz I got some decent ones for once! I'm assuming second one is some sort of stag, although the branches are all from the base and quite thin, and the third could be some kind of tort I suppose. Don't often buy unidentified frags.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Loving these pieces! My LFS sells amazing colonies but their frags are "eeeeh" probably because they place them for sale right after they've been fragged. Then again those are their only frag tanks.

deedeesdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20140819_230010.jpg

Yeah man I feel your pain.... the side pic is just a big fluster cluck.. top view looks OK but the logical solution is put up a larger tank, and I've been tryin to get it up for a year... problem is I can't stop buyin new corals :( if I cooda stopped just for a minute, big tank wooda been up a long time ago lol... and I'd still have a lot more corals that I've lost to them fighting and killin eachother... well, as of rite now, one more piece of equipment and I can start cycling the water... don't make the same mistakes I did, start a bigger tank now :D

OP
OP
Velodog2

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yes, I see the problem ...

Sps aren't quite as aggro, but as they grow out I will be mediating battles. I convince myself I still have space. Just trying to figure out what the rank will look like longer term, and beginning to edit out some poorer choices I made earlier on of milles that are starting to sprawl, or meh colored sticks that can be replaced with punchier ones, or moving them to less prime real estate.

But I am starting to plan my next tank. I will let this grow out for a few years to see how my vision is realized, then when the house and car are paid off I'm envisioning a 60 cube or maybe shallower. I am a big fan of small tanks for maintenance and expense reasons, and this one has taught me an enormous amount because of its quicker reaction time than a big tank. But as i start to feel i have my legs under me I would like to be able to grow out some tables and torts to closer to their full glory.

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs accidently ordered 100 rbta. Hes practically giving them away looks like ill be buying a **** ton on payday

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back