Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures of this coral online have a very distant appearance from one tank to another, and the level of photoshop involved ;)
Last year a friend purchased a frag from someone local as a RR Avengers, and I'm curious to know if this looks like the real thing. I actually grew this piece out in my tank because at the time my buddy had tank issues. If you have any questions or opinions I would love to hear. I don't want to mention names because it might seem as slander, when it could be my lack of SPS skills in keeping proper color:wink:

Here's the frag when I first got it
IMG_4551 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

IMG_4550 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Pic from a couple of weeks ago
IMG_0837 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a really nice coral, Jackson. Awesome job with the polyp extension!!! I'll leave the Avengers verification to those that own a grown out frag (mine is still a work in progress :) )

ORA Bellina for reference

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was mine before RTN. You can decide for yourself
RRAvenger_zpsd9783131.jpg

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks like a Belina as well, if it is I feel it's much more valuable than the avengers. Such a gorgeous coral that has gone MIA in our reefing world!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just about certain it's not an ORA piece. My personal feeling tells me it's a wild plana/deswalli type of coral.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry got to said no. Order polyps will turn red and new polyps from the base will be green. Also your have purple tip and the Avenger are blue.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick way to answer this would be to ask who your friend got the frag off of?

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick way to answer this would be to ask who your friend got the frag off of?
Was you the one that was selling a fake RR Avenger a year ago? From the frag picture it look kind of like your but a little difference.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was you the one that was selling a fake RR Avenger a year ago? From the frag picture it look kind of like your but a little difference.

Haha Yea I got sold a fake avengers by the same guy as the OP. Its a completely different coral from the one I was sold. Mine now is known as the EF Thanos acro.

Attachments

• 1409776125824.jpg
    1409776125824.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 892

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha Yea I got sold a fake avengers by the same guy as the OP. Its a completely different coral from the one I was sold. Mine now is known as the EF Thanos acro.
Pretty nice. Really suck how people will pull a fast one just to make some money.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture is the colony we have now. Boy does it grow under. The right conditions and par. Bottom picture is a close up of the lower piece coming from the under growth of the side of the colony reaching up.

Cell shot so not the best quality photo ::no editing::

image.jpg
image.jpg

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the sideways photos don't no I why they come up sideways. If anyone can kindly flip the upright that would be awesome . Thanks!!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty nice. Really suck how people will pull a fast one just to make some money.

Yea some real scammers out there. It's still pretty nice, but unfortunately won't justify the high price tag if he tries to frag it.\
It's now known as the LE Fugazzi Avenger.

Ey bud, you last picture looks almost 100%. Bellina acropora

Hey Rob where you been hiding out? I highly doubt the person trying to pass this off as an avenger would go through the trouble or expense of fragging an ORA piece. I actually have another acro (wild deswalli) that looks identical to an ORA belina. It's a pretty common looking coral IMO….. Very nice though.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colony Rob! My chips looks just like that one. Some of the ORA pieces are too close lol

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever it is its Nice alive and growing and yes a lot of fake names came up lately I own one chalice that 3 different vendors gave it 3 different names I got my Frag $25 some others sold it for $150

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you got a nice little colony of what ever it is. It's got great color from your photo as all your acros always do . Just sit back and enjoy that beauty of a piece you got there . I sure a local wouldn't scan you maybe he was mis interpreted when he got it from some one . You never know .

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you got a nice little colony of what ever it is. It's got great color from your photo as all your acros always do . Just sit back and enjoy that beauty of a piece you got there . I sure a local wouldn't scan you maybe he was mis interpreted when he got it from some one . You never know .

Rob, no misinterpretation here bud. Straight up scam. You had a bad experience with this person as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back