T5 recommendation for ATI 8x54w

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone is running the same combo as I am and how their results have been. My current combo is listed below.
Front to back
B+
Actinic
B+
B+
GE 6500k
B+
Purple+
B+

I have played around with a few combos and have gotten use to the yellow/greenish hue of the GE6500kbulb. I am also running a Reefbrite at the front of the fixture. My tank look like 16-18k when all 8 bulbs are on. I like the 20k look or even more blue to show colors better but I also dont want to sacrifice growth when things really get going. I feel like some of my corals are loving it while some are having a hard time coloring up but that may not just be from the lighting. I have a few extra bulbs to play with if i am going to swap out the GE bulb possibly with a coral plus, blue plus or actinic. Please feel free to comment on your setup of bulbs and how things are in your tank. Forgot to mention the fixture is about 8.5" above the waterline on my 100g tank. Thanks

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would that make the tank look brighter and more white?
A little, but it would add a little par, I think, and you still get 40% blue+, 50% 15000k, and 10% purple plus. And you have the reefbrite anyway. This is all personal preference! I like the coral plus tubes! You could spread the white light out more evenly by going with the coral plus in place of the 6500k, too, instead of having it all in one bulb. Just a thought.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1415147031.499443.jpg
this is mine with 3 b+, 2 c+, 1 p+

Back