0   0   0
Its growing, full & partial pe but color totally sucks :(
40B/20L sump
Alk=9.1
Ca=440
Mag=1400
Ph=8.1
Temp=79.9
Light=LED's. Whites@10%max, Blues@45%max ramping up/down.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416839357.662757.jpg

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp seems high to me, others have noted better color at lower temps.
I do not know what you have for a light but it seems to me that you may want to increase your whites a little.
Can you get some PAR readings at the site of this coral? You may want to increase the lighting % across the board.

If you do make changes make them really slow and only one at a time. Slow and controlled changes always provide the best results...

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would increase light %-looks like a healthy green seritopora to me, not sure what color your expecting from it -as far as temp I keep all my tanks 80/82F
are you feeding? may help color a bit

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not concerned with my temp or parameters. I feed Reef Frenzy 2x daily in small amounts. Tried Reef Roids but it caused me some type of weird issue on my SB, covered it in a rusty colored crap.
I do not have access to a par meter. Reason my whites are so low, any % above 15-20 causes my LPS to look very washed out. But I will try and up the % on the blues.
Thank you for the replys. I'd love to get a handle on this. Some day I would like to add more SPS to my tank :)

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to leds five months ago on established 90 sps 2 165w dimmable units 12"above tank 55%colored 75%blue now most love it and pop some do not -feel your pain of dialing in leds

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched about 5 months ago also-lol. ALL my LPS are doing wonderfully and for 3+yrs were kept under T5HO. I'm getting great growth too! But the BN is really testing my abundance of patience! Ugh!!

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try testing your potassium level. But from the pics It looks okay to me.

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp seems high to me, others have noted better color at lower temps.
I do not know what you have for a light but it seems to me that you may want to increase your whites a little.
Can you get some PAR readings at the site of this coral? You may want to increase the lighting % across the board.

If you do make changes make them really slow and only one at a time. Slow and controlled changes always provide the best results...

Cooler Water/Better Colors Thread? Who are "others"? Anyone notable? This has not been proven and so far seems to be based on just a couple opinions.

Last edited:

Chpaige

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good to me. My tank prefers a little higher Alk. However if it isn't broke, don't attempt to fix it. All tanks are different, what works for me, isn't always another persons solution, and vice versa.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Depending on how long the whites have been at 10%, I might consider bumping that up 5%

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't think it looks bad where i'd be willing to change light %'s or chemical levels.....color looks normal...i kinda see what ur talking about with PE. I have a decent size colony birds nest and i recently have moved it several times, and the PE is very flaky on me right now...so im not touching it and leaving it alone, im sure in a couple weeks it will look fine

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back