Some SPS turning green

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months ago I started over on my SPS dominated tank. N03 and P04 was crazy high after the crash but has since been somewhat under control for 6 weeks now. (N04 .04ppm/ N03 4ppm). Most of my SPS are frags at the moment but I have noticed many have turned green. Growth is still fantastic around the whole tank. Blues and purples have stayed the same.

For example 3 pieces of the same tri-color are at various depths and are the same all fluorescent green so lighting doesn't seem to be the issue. 250w/MH and LED combo.

I have seen and read that SPS can turn green before coloring up again. I am just worried it may be from excessive amino dosing or nutrients.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months ago I started over on my SPS dominated tank. N03 and P04 was crazy high after the crash but has since been somewhat under control for 6 weeks now. (N04 .04ppm/ N03 4ppm). Most of my SPS are frags at the moment but I have noticed many have turned green. Growth is still fantastic around the whole tank. Blues and purples have stayed the same.

For example 3 pieces of the same tri-color are at various depths and are the same all fluorescent green so lighting doesn't seem to be the issue. 250w/MH and LED combo.

I have seen and read that SPS can turn green before coloring up again. I am just worried it may be from excessive amino dosing or nutrients.

Green is the first color an acro will get once it makes a come back from a stressful situation. It should start turning the other colors it is supposed to be later on. Just need to have patience with SPS

OP
OP
Tek

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green is the first color an acro will get once it makes a come back from a stressful situation. It should start turning the other colors it is supposed to be later on. Just need to have patience with SPS

I appreciate the reply! I was being overly concerned since it was such an intense green on almost everything I placed into the tank. Most of the frags have started to change and one brown SSC frag has turned into its normal color in 3 weeks. Patiently waiting for the rest!

IMG_9648.jpg

OP
OP
Tek

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY from Rapidled (26 RB, 5 WW/NW, 6 UV LEDS). I also supplement a 10K 250W MH for midday but it was not currently on during the picture.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back