UWW Rainbow Sunburst monti.

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any one seen the mother? He didn't name it a vender did years ago.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original vendor's pic was highly processed, saturated out the wazoo. Small pieces do look like a reverse sunset. Some say, if you look at a bigger piece in the right light, at the correct angle, and squint just right, then one can taste the rainbow.

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here goes a picture from under water world when they got it I believe. It doesn't have a purple rim but the base of it can develop multiple colors.

UWWsunburstrainbowmonti.jpg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I see this original photo, when I go back and look at the frag above, I do notice some purple coming thru in the top left of the frag.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a cool monti I had to look for a long time to find a frag. A friend of mine ended up finding one and mine have all grown from it. The trick with this monti it that the multicolor base is best looking when it is grown over uneven surface. The base turns blue under higher light and green under lower so the more uneven the surface the better the "rainbow" effect

This is the mother colony my frag came from I saw this in person and witnessed my frag being fraged from it. This is what it looked like under blue LEDs

I don't have a good pic of mine because I have them growing on flat disc and they don't show the multi color base very well

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice monti! Love how much nicer it has turned over.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the colony from UWW several hears back. I had it for a long time and MANY frags were sent out over several years. It's an amazing monti when colored up. If it's not fully colored it looked like a reverse sunset.

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently bought a reverse sunset and i'm hoping it was ID'd wrong now lol..that thing is sweet with the multi-base colors

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back