WWC Abracadabrazoo acro

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this recently in the last live sale and placed it kind of high in my tank (about 3 weeks ago) . It seams to have bleached somewhat a little (or at least lightened up in color), however has had good pe and shows new growth. All parameters have been steady and in line with what is considered as ideal. Mag might be considered a bit high at 1440. I am running full spectrum led lights 3.5 hours full blast with about 3.5 hours of ramp up and down time. Should I act by moving the coral or trust that it will regain its full color over time.

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my personal opinion, I would prob. Leave it. If you are getting growth and good p.e., chances are he is pretty happy, and just needs a little longer for the color up. I have had many that have taken forever to color up, however they grew great. It just took time for the color.

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACROS change color depending on lighting all the time. Unless you start to see noticeable effects (harmful), then you should leave it. It's best to let nature do it's thing, you know.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Acros pale out or brown out due to shipping stress. If you have new growth, I would leave it. You can also add a little amino acid for color.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it shows any signs of recession on the base I would move it down. So long as it continues to encrust at the base I think you're OK.

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, leave it! I've had stuff come in with color, bleach out under my Hydra 52s, then color up better than ever after a couple months.

rage1199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same acro move it down. WWC showed me the mother colony and it is off to the side of the MH bulbs. I was having the same issue with this acro I moved it down and it is now coloring up good PE and encrusting.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back